Sunday, September 27, 2009

Glorious flowers in Africa



I am dazzled everyday.

One can literally garden

twelve months out of the

year.

Even in a drought, flowers

bloom,

and I'm told when there is

abundant rain, Kijabe is

lush, as is the rest of Africa.

The photos will

tell the story in this

entry. Gasp along with me.



Rosemary in bloom on a bush three feet tall -- it's our small one.
This is in the garden in front of our duplex.











A bottlebrush tree in a friend's yard.

A crown of thorns plant. These thorns are as wicked as they look.



After a long, hard day, Jim and I will treat
ourselves to a walk along this path.
The purple foliage is Wandering Jew.















These are nasturtiums. Yes, nasturtiums that you and I would buy at a nursery. These are growing wild outside our fenced-in compound.





This spectacular blossom reminds me of a Colorado columbine, but it's the size of Jim's hand. God's botanical wonders here are bold, big, and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment